What Is The TQI Diet | TQI Diet Benefits | Who is the TQI Diet for | What to Eat and What Not to Eat | Weight Management | TQI Diet & Intermittent Fasting | Testimonials
The TQI Diet, short for “To Quiet Inflammation,” is making waves as a great approach to well-being, particularly in Vashon Island, where local eateries and markets clearly reflect its influence.
Kathy Abascal, an expert in herbal treatments and neurobiology, created the unique diet strategy. At the heart of the TQI Diet is the belief that certain foods can either exacerbate or alleviate inflammation. Let’s jump into the TQI Diet Plan!
This dietary plan champions the intake of natural, unprocessed foods and encourages meals rich in fruits and vegetables, balanced with a measured inclusion of proteins and carbs.
While there are similarities to the popular Mediterranean diet, especially in its avoidance of overly refined and sugary foods, the TQI Diet emphasizes a long-term, healthful approach to eating.
Numerous enthusiasts credit this diet for their enhanced vitality, improved health, and weight management. With growing curiosity around this eating approach, understanding its core ideas and advantages is crucial.
In this article, we’ll explore what makes this diet so special and the changes it’s bringing to people’s lives.
What Is The TQI Diet?
The TQI Diet, developed by Kathy Abascal in Vashon Island, is a holistic approach to nutrition, focusing primarily on whole foods to combat inflammation-induced discomfort.
Essentially, the diet promotes the consumption of fruits and vegetables in large quantities, balanced with reasonable amounts of proteins and carbohydrates. Although it shares similarities with the Mediterranean diet, the TQI Diet distinguishes itself by firmly avoiding processed and sugary foods.
Unique to the TQI approach is the freedom from calorie counting or portion limitations. It’s adaptable, making it suitable for a variety of eaters, from omnivores to vegans and even those with specific dietary preferences or restrictions.
What to Incorporate and What to Avoid
- Fresh, natural foods
- Generous servings of fruits and vegetables, ideally organic
- Moderate portions of proteins, coconut milk
- Balanced amounts of whole-grain carbohydrates
- Beneficial fats like nuts, nut butter, and avocados
- Manufactured foods
- High salt content
- Refined carbohydrates
- Foods with artificial additives, dyes, or preservatives
- Processed sugars and corn syrups
- Specific foods causing individual sensitivities (e.g., gluten) – determined individually
- Inflammatory foods
- Alcohol during the initial phase of the diet.
The Benefits of The TQI Diet?
The TQI diet, developed by Vashon resident Kathy Abascal has some great health benefits: Here are its health and wellness benefits:
- Alleviation of Chronic Conditions: Individuals who faithfully follow this diet plan have experienced significant improvements in chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and respiratory issues after adopting the TQI Diet.
- Combatting Inflammation: At the heart of the TQI Diet is the idea that some foods can provoke inflammation leading to problems ranging from arthritis to migraines. On the flip side, emphasizing whole, unadulterated foods can curb this inflammation, offering relief from various aches and ailments.
- Energy Boost: A noticeable number of individuals on the diet report a rise in their energy levels. Reducing inflammation often results in a more vibrant feel, making daily chores and activities feel less daunting.
- Joint Health: A notable positive of this diet is the alleviation of joint-related discomforts. This is largely credited to the diet’s inclination towards foods known for their inflammation-fighting attributes.
- Improved Blood Health: Some, especially those grappling with long-term conditions such as diabetes, have noticed an enhancement in their blood-related indicators, including moderated insulin levels and improved cholesterol readings.
- Mental Clarity: Reducing bodily inflammation could also favor mental clarity. While the direct link between the diet and cognitive benefits isn’t firmly established, lessened inflammation is generally believed to be conducive to brain functionality.
- Emphasis on Natural Foods: The TQI Diet leans towards promoting unrefined, whole foods, supporting the body’s inherent detox mechanisms, and enhancing overall health.
- Sustainable Wellness Approach: More than just a fleeting regimen, the TQI Diet suggests a broader lifestyle adaptation. It concentrates more on lasting health benefits than momentary solutions.
- Digestive Health: The diet’s emphasis on whole foods, rich in fiber and natural nutrients, supports digestive health, aiding in better absorption of nutrients and promoting gut health.
- Balanced Nutrition: The diet’s guideline of two-thirds fruits and vegetables and one-third proteins and carbs ensures that followers get a balanced and diverse array of nutrients essential for overall health.
The TQI Diet offers a holistic approach to health and wellness by focusing on the role of foods in managing inflammation. Its principles guide followers towards choices that not only manage weight but also support overall bodily function and well-being.
Who is the TQI Diet for?
The TQI Diet is adaptable and open to many, including you and your diet buddies; it’s designed to cater to a range of dietary preferences.
Whether one is an omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan, the TQI Diet can be tailored accordingly. It’s compatible with low-fat, no-fat, or ketogenic eating styles. While some may choose to exclude grains, others may incorporate them. The plan is flexible enough to align with paleo, localvore, or even traditional ethnic eating patterns, among others.
In essence, the TQI Diet is for anyone seeking a customizable approach to their nutrition.
Fill Your Plate: What to Eat and What Not to Eat
If you’re considering the TQI diet, Kathy Abascal, its founder, suggests some moderate steps to follow to help you get maximum results.
Stick with them for about five weeks, and you will see some positive changes.
- Boost your intake of foods abundant in antioxidants, especially vibrant fruits and berries.
- Reduce known inflammatory culprits such as artificial sweeteners and alcoholic beverages.
- Prioritize whole foods and stay clear of items like MSG, maltodextrin, and over-refined food substances.
- Have lots of good fats like avocados, nuts, and seeds.
- Harmonize your intake by limiting omega-6 sources like certain vegetable oils and commercial dressings while enhancing omega-3 sources such as flaxseeds, olive oil, and fish oils.
- Start your day with breakfast shortly after waking up
- Eat meals at regular times and do not snack all day.
- Abstain from late-night meals.
- Gradually eliminate and gauge potential allergens, including dairy and grains like wheat.
- Ensure you eat enough. There’s no need for restraint.
Weight Management with the TQI Diet
The TQI diet has been shown to be beneficial in many ways, as we have seen earlier; one of the ways this diet plan works is in weight management. Followers have consistently reported not just weight loss but also the ease of maintaining their desired weight range on this plan.
Take, for instance, an inspiring journey of transformation: A man, once tipping the scales at 300 pounds, embraced the principles of the TQI Diet. Within just one year, he experienced a significant weight drop of 70 pounds.
This wasn’t just about numbers on a scale but the tangible energy and vigor he felt. From being winded easily, he now thrives, often indulging in prolonged outdoor activities and finishing with energy to spare.
Is it Possible to Pair the TQI Diet with Intermittent Fasting?
It’s possible to pair the TQI diet with intermittent fasting. That is because the TQI diet’s strength is its flexibility which caters to diverse lifestyles and choices. Fundamentally, this diet champions the intake of pure and nutritious foods.
Therefore, as long as you’re staying true to the dietary guidelines of TQI and eating in the Abascal way, integrating other methods, such as intermittent fasting, can be considered.
Intermittent fasting, known for its potential to aid quicker weight loss, can serve as a complementary strategy when merged with the TQI diet. It’s not just about when you eat but ensuring what you eat aligns with the principles of the TQI diet; that is the most important thing. When you merge these methods, you can tap into the benefits of each, possibly fast-tracking your weight loss journey.
Testimonials: How the TQI Diet Has Impacted Various Medical Conditions
While many diets make claims of health benefits, TQI stands out in its testimonies from individuals who’ve experienced notable improvements.
Here’s a brief look into some experiences shared by those who tried the TQI diet, as reported on the TQI Diet website.
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- After starting the TQI Diet, some MS patients experienced increased mobility and strength, reporting being able to perform tasks that were previously
- Some Individuals with Parkinson’s reported to noticed increased alertness throughout the day and an improvement in sleep quality after following the TQI diet.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) & Autoimmune Arthritis
- Several people with RA have reported significant relief from joint inflammation, pain, and other symptoms on the TQI Diet.
- Some saw a reduction in medication dosages under their doctor’s guidance.
- Some relayed uplifting tales of enhanced movement and the rekindling of life’s pleasures, such as cycling, previously hampered by RA.
- Fibromyalgia sufferers noticed fewer symptoms like knee pain and brain fog that had previously disturbed their daily lives.
Energy and Mental Clarity
- A remarkable number of individuals talked about the uptick in energy levels after adhering to the TQI diet.
- Several individuals noted improved concentration and a significant decline in mental haziness, benefiting both their work and private lives for the first time in a long while.
The TQI diet seems to have brought about positive changes for numerous people, from improving symptoms of chronic illnesses to giving a fresh sense of vitality and clear-mindedness. Based on these accounts, the diet might be a potential avenue for those exploring dietary solutions to specific health concerns.
About the Creator of the TQI Diet
Kathy Abascal, a Vashon resident with a background in neurobiology and biochemistry, created the TQI diet. She has a history in law but transitioned from law to the study of medicinal plants before her personal health challenges led her to delve into nutrition, specifically targeting inflammation.
Her journey inspired her to teach TQI diet classes and pen the cookbook “The Abascal Way to Quiet Inflammation. The cookbook presents a simple approach to eating that highlights how food can efficiently reduce chronic inflammation.
Her book is similar to other cookbooks like “High-Protein Bariatric Cookbook: Essential Recipes for Recovery and Lifelong Weight Management” and “Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook.” These books contain several recipes, like the easy air fryer recipe, and fat-burning diet meal recipes, targeting foods with a lower glycemic index (GI).
Google checks show that her books have gotten the attention of many, including Rex Morris, explained in Michael Overlake’s words.
Conclusion – The TQI Diet Plan – For Inflammation
As we have covered in this article, the TQI Diet represents more than just a passing dietary fad. It’s a diet strategy created with the understanding of inflammation and its profound effects on the body; this dietary regimen stands to bring hope to many looking to enhance their well-being.
It encourages the consumption of whole, natural foods while frowning at the consumption of processed alternatives. It provides a road map for those wishing to improve various health conditions, optimize mental clarity, and manage weight. Moreover, it’s a flexible diet strategy, and that makes it a versatile choice, accommodating various dietary preferences and even synergizing with other health strategies like intermittent fasting.
From the testimonials of those who faithfully adopt this anti-inflammatory diet, including body rejuvenation, increased energy, and overall wellness, it’s clear that the merits of this dietary approach deserve attention.
Whether you’re a health enthusiast, someone managing a medical issue, or just someone with the zeal to make positive lifestyle changes; the TQI Diet is worthy of exploration.
As with any diet, it’s essential to approach with an open mind, guided research, and, where needed, consultation with health professionals.
Interested in intermittent fasting? Check out the main 10 types of Intermittent Fasting.