This is the 3rd episode where we explore the topic of Intermittent Fasting.
While in episodes 007 and 009 we talked about all the fundamentals and main things that you need to know when starting to fast intermittently, in episode 010, we answer deeper, more specific questions, that will really deepen your knowledge on Intermittent Fasting.
My guest today is Megan J. Ramos, who is a clinical researcher and kidney specialist, that together with her colleague and renown kidney and diabetes specialist, Dr. Jason Fung, help people to fight diabetes and prolong their health-span.
What's in this episode?
- Why Fasting and Ketogenic Diet became so popular?
- How does fasting affect female hormones, fertility and menstrual cycle?
- Does fasting have age restrictions?
- What did Megan do when she got diagnosed with diabetes?
- How to keep the benefits from fasting if your goal is not to lose weight?
- How important it is to keep the eating window consistent?
- Why diabetes is not a death sentence?
It’s a great episode with lots of practical info on Intermittent Fasting and I hope you get lots of value from it!
Don’t forget to subscribe and give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher to support the 21 Day Hero Show podcast and bring exciting guests to the show!
“The power of when you eat, what we observed in our clinic, is stronger than what you eat.”
Megan J. Ramos
- Even for healthy people, doing a periodic 24h fast is very beneficial
- There is absolutely no age restriction on fasting
- Sticking to your eating windows will have tremendous effects on your weight and metabolism
JOIN 21-DAY INTERMITTENT FASTING CHALLENGEI am a tooltip
21-days of curated learning materials, support, guidance, motivation – and most importantly – 21 days of results. Lose weight, improve your energy, learn discipline and build a habit of Intermittent Fasting that will help to transform your life forever!
- E-book 21-Day Intermittent Fasting Challenge Guide (pdf) with everything you need to successfully master the Intermittent Fasting diet and lifestyle
- Comprehensive science-based information about Intermittent Fasting, how does it work, its benefits, side effects and how to deal with them
- Updated FAQ section, answering questions such as what exactly you can drink while fasting, how to combine Intermittent Fasting with exercise and much more
- 21-Day Daily Intermittent Fasting Plan with recommendations how to improve your fasting days
- 21-Day Intermittent Fasting daily tracking sheet
- Overview of alternative Intermittent Fasting methods you can experiment with in the future
- Regular Personalized Emails e-mails providing motivation kick, more guidance and tips & tricks (up to 5 times a week)
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we get paid a super small affiliate fee (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Leave Some Feedback
Megan J. Ramos
Clinical researcher and kidney specialist