This is the 3rd episode where we explore the topic of Intermittent Fasting.
While in episodes 007 and 009 we talked about all the fundamentals and main things that you need to know when starting to fast intermittently, in episode 010, we answer deeper, more specific questions, that will really deepen your knowledge on Intermittent Fasting.
My guest today is Megan J. Ramos, who is a clinical researcher and kidney specialist, that together with her colleague and renown kidney and diabetes specialist, Dr. Jason Fung, help people to fight diabetes and prolong their health-span.
What's in this episode?
- Why Fasting and Ketogenic Diet became so popular?
- How does fasting affect female hormones, fertility and menstrual cycle?
- Does fasting have age restrictions?
- What did Megan do when she got diagnosed with diabetes?
- How to keep the benefits from fasting if your goal is not to lose weight?
- How important it is to keep the eating window consistent?
- Why diabetes is not a death sentence?
It’s a great episode with lots of practical info on Intermittent Fasting and I hope you get lots of value from it!
Don’t forget to subscribe and give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher to support the 21 Day Hero Show podcast and bring exciting guests to the show!
“The power of when you eat, what we observed in our clinic, is stronger than what you eat.”
Megan J. Ramos
- Even for healthy people, doing a periodic 24h fast is very beneficial
- There is absolutely no age restriction on fasting
- Sticking to your eating windows will have tremendous effects on your weight and metabolism
Join the 21-DAY INTERMITTENT FASTING CHALLENGE
⬇ Be like Josh. ⬇
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we get paid a super small affiliate fee (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Leave Some Feedback
Megan J. Ramos
Clinical researcher and kidney specialist
SUBSCRIBE TO PODCAST
LOOKING FOR INTERMITTENT FASTING FRIENDLY MEAL DELIVERY?
Diet-to-Go offers delicious, Intermittent Fasting friendly meals, that you can get delivered straight to your home or office, to make your Intermittent Fasting journey super easy and convenient!
To ensure a healthy weight loss with Intermittent Fasting, we recommend choosing their 2 meals a day option , which you can complement with a snack of your choice (up to 200-300 kcal). All food should be consumed within your 8-hour eating window. Regular, Keto & Vegetarian options available.