As part of our 21-Day Daily Meditation Challenge, we interview meditation teachers and practitioners to get their perspective on this awesome ‘activity’. In today’s episode, we chat with meditation teacher Benjamin Decker.
Ben is a social activist, meditation teacher and entrepreneur and has been named ‘one of the world’s leading meditation teachers by ‘Conscious Lifestyle Magazine’.
He grew up in the very spiritual family, exposed to yoga and meditation teachings at the very early stage of his life and that helped him to get a really deep understanding about the practice.
He is now teaching meditation regularly, both privately and also in the famous LA meditation centers like ‘Unplug Meditation (see our interview with Unplug Meditation CEO Suze Schwartz), Wanderlust Hollywood, The DEN Meditation & Mystic Journey.
What's in this episode?
- How he got in trouble for giving his friends incenses
- How a very beautiful name of his mom has actually sparked interest in him from the early days
- The reasons people start a meditation practice
- His tips for beginner meditators
- How group meditation can help you to take your practice to the next level
- How meditation can help entrepreneurs to face the daily challenges
As always, if you liked this episode, I’d really appreciate a review on iTunes or Stitcher, that would be a great help for us to grow and keep bringing guests like Ben to the show!
” We need to be able to re-calibrate ourselves from our own inner guidance. “
- Giving people incense might get you in trouble if you’re a child 🙂
- We have the opportunity to curate what and how much information we take in
- It’s important to unplug not only from the Internet or Social Media but also from the prejudices and belief systems
- People are not coming to meditation classes for one single reason
- Meditation can bring us together, regardless of the reasons and backgrounds or religious beliefs
- Ben’s new book will be out May 1st, 2018 and will focus on 10 different meditation techniques and all the basics to meditation
- If you want to start Meditating NOW – put all the things away, set the timer for 5mins, close your eyes and count your breaths. If you lose count – simply start again.
- Group meditation can help you to get your meditation to the next level
- Level 999 is when your soul is guiding all your actions and thoughts
Join the 21-DAY meditation for success CHALLENGE
TOOLS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning we get paid a super small affiliate fee (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Leave Some Feedback
Meditation teacher, social activist and entrepreneur