If you have listened to the ep. 007 with Dr. Michael VanDerschelden, you probably know that Intermittent Fasting can bring benefits like fat burning, brain function and simply ‘being better at life’.
In this episode with my guest Dr. Brady Salcido we go even deeper on IF and Keto diet and will talk about things like:
- What is autophagy and why it is practically magic
- How to break your fast correctly
- Tips on combining fasting and working out
- and further on
Dr. Brady Salcido, who we simply gonna call Dr. B is a chiropractor, podcast host and also a big advocate for ketogenic diet and Intermittent Fasting.
It literally changed his life and now he’s offering courses like Intermittent Fasting 101 and Fasting Reboot System for those who want to follow that path too!
What's in this episode?
- How Dr. B went from being always sick and overweight to being super fit – both mentally and physically
- What is autophagy and why you want to get there
- what happens when you combine ketosis and IF
- How to break your fast correctly
- Once fasting becomes part of your lifestyle – you might not need as many calories as before!
- Once you go through phase one that is called ‘fat adapted’ – you have much more flexibility with what you eat
- Ketogenic diet makes you live longer!
- Combining IF, Ketogenic diet and working out
- What is the difference between brake pedal and gas pedal systems in our brains
- How having a podcast is a great way to learn
- How does your lifestyle influence your motivation
It’s a great episode with lots of practical info and I hope you get lots of value from it!
Don’t forget to subscribe and give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher to support the 21 Day Hero Show podcast and bring exciting guests to the show!
” I find 16/8 hour IF method is a great way to start. One of the best way to get more benefits is to extend the fast to 17, 18, 19 hours. “
Dr. Brady Salcido
- Ketosis combined with autophagy cleans your body, reduces inflammation and provides you with more clean energy for the brain
- When breaking the fast, it’s not a good idea to go crazy on carbs. But going full keto diet is not a great idea for those who are active physically
- For strength training, it’s great to do it after you put some carbs in your body. But for HIIT training – doing it right before you break the fast – it’s the way
JOIN 21-DAY INTERMITTENT FASTING CHALLENGEI am a tooltip
21-days of curated learning materials, support, guidance, motivation – and most importantly – 21 days of results. Lose weight, improve your energy, learn discipline and build a habit of Intermittent Fasting that will help to transform your life forever!
- E-book 21-Day Intermittent Fasting Challenge Guide (pdf) with everything you need to successfully master the Intermittent Fasting diet and lifestyle
- Comprehensive science-based information about Intermittent Fasting, how does it work, its benefits, side effects and how to deal with them
- Updated FAQ section, answering questions such as what exactly you can drink while fasting, how to combine Intermittent Fasting with exercise and much more
- 21-Day Daily Intermittent Fasting Plan with recommendations how to improve your fasting days
- 21-Day Intermittent Fasting daily tracking sheet
- Overview of alternative Intermittent Fasting methods you can experiment with in the future
- Regular Personalized Emails e-mails providing motivation kick, more guidance and tips & tricks (up to 5 times a week)
Resources mentioned in the podcast episode
Leave Some Feedback
Dr. Brady salcido
Ketogenic diet & IF expert, chiropractor and author