Today I’m chatting with Alexander Heyne, a.k.a. Modern Health Monk who has grown a hugely successful Youtube channel around the topic of self-improvement, self-care, productivity and basically how to improve, various areas of your life.
What’s interesting about Alex is that he sounds like one of us. An ordinary person. But what’s different about him is that he figured out some key elements of changing your behavior that has led him on the journey of self-improvement and helped him to get into the mindset of experimenting, building great habits. Luckily, he’s sharing his knowledge with his community and helping others to overcome challenges like weight loss in an easier, more effective way.
Alexander also wrote a very well reviewed book called ‘Master The Day: Eat, Move and Live Better with Power of Daily Habits‘, that I recommend reading for anyone who has tried and failed building at least one daily habit.
What's in this episode?
- How a year in China changed his life
- Why starting small is more important than going big when building a habit
- How to build sustainable habits
A really great episode that will put you in the right mindset on changing your life for the good!
Don’t forget to subscribe and give us a review on iTunes or Stitcher to support 21 Day Hero Show podcast and bring exciting guests to the show!
“The value of doing 1 min meditation or 1 min in the gym, like, yes, that does nothing. But what it actually does, it’s deeper than that, it works on the habit and the emotion surrounding the habit. And the next day they want to do it because it felt good and it was easy.”
- When building a habit, focus on feeling good. If it doesn’t feel good, make it easier.
- If you want to change, work on the actions first and then understand and improve your mindset
- Accountability is a great way to motivate yourself. Find someone you respect to be accountable to.
JOIN 21-DAY VISUALIZATION CHALLENGEI am a tooltip
TOOLS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Leave Some Feedback
MODERN HEALTH MONK, HABIT BUILDING ADVOCATE, WEIGHT-LOSS COACH